Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP??

So, recovering from my cold I jumped into a new project.  I’m not sure why I enjoy making purses/draw-string bags/etc. I just do….and I like them best when they look like something else.

My introduction to whimsical purses was this book, I checked it out of the library when I was 15 – I couldn’t buy it then, but I have since (why thank you internet with your ebays and abebooks). 
 I made the pig-shaped draw-string bag that can be made in two sizes (per the instructions) a hand bag and an overnight bag…I’ve subsequently made it in a third size using crochet cotton size 3.  I also used the same pattern to make a strawberry....I'm not much at making my own patterns, but I can transform patterns into other stuff.

This week I’m working on a frog shaped bag, I bought the pattern on etsy from this gal:



So far it’s pretty easy…I’m not tearing through it like I should, I’ve been really tired in the evenings – too tired to even WoW for long.  But the one day I worked on it I created the top and bottom, I’ve just yet to piece it together and make some legs.

Yes, I’ll post pictures of my progress….when I take them (oh…that’s a sick burn….ok not really)



No comments:

Post a Comment