Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WIP - Wednesdays: Hooded Textured Baby Blanket

Someone tell me if I'm not doing this right, M-Kay?

I'm working on a baby blanket for a couple I know through our love of Halloween.  So I thought I'd make this lovely hooded baby blanket that's a Lion's Brand Yarn pattern, 90265AD, which you can get free through their site.

This is what is should look like.....




However, this is my HALLOWEEN friend, so of course I wanted to make it black...and orange.  Well, as I was itching to make it now, NOW, NOoOOOOooOOWWW...I ran to JoAnn's, they had no natural fibers in black, so I went with Lion's Fishermen's Wool in "Brown Heather" which looks remarkably gray...dark gray, at that....to me.



I made a mistake at the beginning, which I'm sure no one will notice once I put on the bright orange edging and hood.  Well, even if they notice they won't mention it, I'm sure.

So, happy Halloween-ing in a spooky, warm, wool blankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment